Sunday, June 19, 2005

Box Office Roundup

Well, to no one's surprise, 'Batman Begins' won the box office. What's a little surprising, however, is that it failed to cross the $50 million mark. Because it opened on a Wednesday, though, the film has already made $71 million. What happens next for 'Batman' will be interesting. I think word of mouth will be good, but it's not your typical summer fare. It's too intense for children, and I'm not sure women will find it all that appealing.

As I predicted last week at this time, "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" did avoid the dreaded 50% fall-off from opening week, by pulling in $27 million (I predicted $26.) I hope this means Doug Liman will continue to get cool scripts.

Next week? It should be all about Nicole Kidman's nose in "Bewitched."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reluctant to fork out $19 for 2 tickets to the 5th Batman movie, one which "starts" over but I have to say I was quite impressed and entertained. Batman Begins pretty much puts the previous 4 to shame and I look forward to more in the future!

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home