Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Back to Reality

Work is actually going pretty well right now. Oscars are coming up. That's always a fun time to be working with the motion picture industry.

I'm also working on a redesign of our Gossip column and a redesign of the entire site. And I'll be adding two new photo features: Seeing Red (Red Carpet fashion reviews) and an unnamed paparazzi photo flipbook with catty callouts. I'll be needing a writer, so if you know of anyone, let me know.

Kelly's fiance Tim is in town. We're supposed to go out dinner sometime this week. But, Kelly says I can't let Tim eat too much because she doesn't want to marry a fat guy. The wedding isn't until September, so I'm sure a nice New York dinner won't spoil their nuptials.

Kelsey's coming to town this weekend for Toy Fair. The only night she's free is Saturday, so we're going out to dinner then. Should be fun. It'll be good to catch up.

So, prior to the Super Bowl I was looking all over for a Seahawks NFC Champions hat, knowing I could only get about two weeks wear out of it. I found it at a Champs around 34th Street. 34th is where Macy's is located. I consider this area to be the arm pit of New York City. I just don't like it. It's extremely ugly and tacky. Madison Square Garden and the Empire State Building are also located here. I know as a tourist, you have to go to this area, and I'll take you there, but other than that, I'm going to try to avoid the area like the NFL officials will want to avoid a trip to Seattle.

I can't remember why I started typing that. I didn't mean to go on a rant.

Oh yeah, I mentioned that because today I left work and realized there's a Locker Room right across the street from my building. I mean, directly across the street. When I saw that, I scanned the street left and right. I saw stores that I had no idea were there. Instead of rushing out of Times Square every day, I need to slow down and check out my surroundings.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

d00d. I think you missed the point! And the point was to have somebody OTHER than me tell him that he is FAT! (cuz when I do it, I'm "nagging"--but whatever)

7:25 PM  
Blogger David said...

But, he's NOT fat!

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home