Friday, March 10, 2006

Crazy Dinner

My friend Elaine is determined to show me New York. Tonight, she took me to the Spotted Pig in the West Village. The Pig is part owned by celebrity chef Mario Batali.

I ordered the Pork Belly and cabbage. My inner voice was telling me to order a burger, but the adventerous side of me said to order something you've never had. So, pork belly it was.

Have you ever had pork belly? I found out pork belly is basically roasted fat. But, you know what? It tastes amazing! It's served with a light gravy. Seriously, this was the real deal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

Whoaa I just went to the Spotted Pig today for lunch! I'll write a review about it...later. Backlogged. :O (The burger is goood.)

Thanks for linking to my blog! Glad you enjoy it.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home