Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Poker Night

Last night, I played in an online poker tournament at site called Party Poker. It was $9 to enter, plus a $1 fee.

Initially, there were roughly 440 players. The game started at 7:30, and I was doing pretty well. After the first hour, I was in the top 10%. After the second hour, I actually had the ninth highest dollar total. After the third hour, I was still in the top 10. At that point, I asked the other folks at my table how the prize money was paid out. I only knew that the top 25 finishers placed in the money. Kiss of death right?

Turns out, the top 22 finishers got their entry fee paid for a $150 tournament, so no matter how high I placed, I wasn't walking away from my computer with more money than I started with. To make a long story short, I finished in 7th place. So, on Thursday afternoon, I'll be playing in a tournament with first prize of around $30,000. Now, that would be sweet!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! Don't tell your mom about the site (:

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home