Sunday, June 26, 2005

Crazy Couple of Days

Let's see, I'll start with Thursday night. Josh, Bish and I met in Midtown at restaurant on the corner of 50th and 8th. We sat outside... I had a womderful mushroom ravioli dish. Then, we sort of crashed this post-awards show party that was part of the convention Josh was attending. The party was actually kind of boring, but I watched the Spurs-Pistons games. Afterwards, we went to the bar/club at the W. For some reason, we didn't have to pay the $25 cover... that's a first for me. I think I usually get an 'ugly' charge when I go out.

I worked most of the day yesterday, then met Josh and Bish in Little Italy for dinner. It was great. I had a delicious Veal Parmesan with spaghetti. I'm going to try to make that next weekend. I think I can do it. Afterwards, we went to a couple of bars.

Today, we got up and went to Harlem for lunch, then took a book/walked to Yankee Stadium. The subway stops in Harlem were all closed! That sucks. Plus, it was 95% with NASTY humidity. It was fun booing A-Fraud again. I was rooting for the Mets and they kicked the crap out the Yanks.

For dinner, we went to a great Cuban restaurant. After salads, they just walked around with skewers of meat... meat on a stick, the world's greatest concept. They cut off as much meat as you wanted. The meats ran from steaks to pork to ham to turkey wrappen in bacon and everything in between. I was stuffed. Aftewards, Josh and Bish went to a comedy club. I decided to run home. It was about two miles back uptown. I was wearing a Lacoste shirt and dress shorts, but my running shoes. By the time I reached the hotel, I had completely sweat through my shirt. I'm sure I looked psychotic. But, man, the run felt great.

New York is still the greatest city in the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home