Sunday, October 16, 2005

Moving In

Moving into a new place is expensive. Other than my bed, it's not the big stuff that I'm sweating. I wanted a new couch/chair/kitchen set. But, I'm getting nickel and dimed to the poorhouse.

I've made two $100 trips to Bed, Bath and Beyond so far... and I have to go back today. Though, after today, I should be done with the 'necessities.'

I'm currently sleeping on the air mattress my dad lent me. I like it, which is good, because if you come to stay with me, you'll be getting to know it quite well. Did I mention that I'm currently sleeping in my kitchen? Well, I am.

My apartment didn't come with shades or curtains. What the fuck is that? So, I'm headed to Bed Bath and Beyond for some window dressings. The catch is that my window isn't a normal size. It's 12' wide and 5'6" tall. Hopefully I'll be able to piece together two or three shades to make one. Or, I'm going to need to go door-to-door to see what other people are doing. God forbid I'll need to meet my neighbors, though.

I have some furniture coming on Wednesday. I'll get cable/internet on Saturday. I'm currently going with rabbit ears, and they seem to be doing OK.

Since the initial downpour, the weather has be gorgeous. First day of work tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home