Friday, October 14, 2005

Welcome to New York... Be-Yotch

So, the City says: You think moving to New York is easy?

Me: Seems to be

City: Yeah? How'd you like finding an apartment?

Me: OK, yeah, that was rough

City: How about I make it a little more difficult?

Me: What do you propose?

City: How does a little rain sound?

Me: Rain? Are you kidding me? I was raised in Seattle. Bring it on.

And the City and the Gods conspired to make my first day in New York one for all eternity. I swear to God (the good God, not the one that spites you with rain) I've never seen such rain. I had to wear three different pairs of pants today. I literally ruined my wallet. Nice Coach one... the leather became deluged and ripped.

My flight was delayed yesterday for TWO hours as we sat on the plane while they fixed the shocks. That sucked. I don't know why they can't let you off the plane. On the plus side, they gave us a free movie (Fantastic Four... not so much) and a free drink.

At JFK, they have a covered taxi stand, but it's not enclosed. By the time I got my cab, my clothes were completely soaked through from the rain.

I think tomorrow will be dry. I hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home