Sunday, December 04, 2005

Saturday Night in SoHo

Met my friend Mark for dinner in SoHo. He lives down there, so he knows where to go. We met for a drink at a place called The Cub Room. The place was pretty crowded, on the upscale (for downtown) side of things.

We then went across the street to a GREAT place for dinner called Raoul's. We sat at the bar because Mark recommended the "Bar Steak." I was actually jonesing for a steak, so I ordered it. Man, it was great. Even better? It was only $19 for a salad, frites (fancy term for fries) and the steak. I will be definitely be going back. Many times.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you really like frites - fancy, Euro version of fries - I came across this place in NYC:

http://www.pommesfrites.ws/

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just looked at the menu of sauces and my mouth started to salivate! When I traveled Europe for 2 months in 1997, I ate a lot of pomme frites. You get this huge cone of fries with this incredibly yummy mayo (so not like US mayo!) - I must go to this place when I visit NYC!!!

8:41 PM  
Blogger David said...

If there's not ridiculous amounts of snow after work, I'm headed that down that direction tonight to get some boots. I'll try to swing by and give you a review.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home