Sunday, March 12, 2006

Dreary Sunday

It's about 45 degrees and rainy today. Yesterday was simply beautiful.

Here are some random weekend notes.

I ordered an indoor grill from Amazon. I miss barbecuing. Not quite the same as a real barbecue, but it does the trick.

Last night I made a t-bone steak, rice and corn for dinner. It was good.

HDNet has been running "Step into Liquid" and "Endless Summer 2" this weekend. The surfing is incredible. One of the interesting bits is on Laird Hamilton in "Endless Summer 2". Gerry Lopez, a famous Pipeline surfer is in awe of Laird because he uses a Jet Ski in big surf. Of course, now, you see it all the time. But at the time of this film it was unheard of. Laird also talks about windsurfing from Maui to Honolulu. At 45mph he can make it across in about five hours. Amazing.

Went out for Mexican food with some co-workers on Friday. The place was in Times Square and very unmemorable. But, you gotta love free chips and salsa.

Yesterday, I went to SoHo and met Mitch and Ro for lunch. We went to The Cub Room. As I said it was a beautiful day. The restaurant had it's windows open, it was like eating in an open air cafe.

Now, I'm just sitting around waiting for the NCAA Tournament selection. If the Dawgs get sent to DC, I'm going to try to make the trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home