Saturday, July 16, 2005

Damn That Bar Scene

Went to a bar frequented by Seattle's finest singletons tonight called "Joey's" on Lake Union. Ick.

Watching the boys and girls flirt with each other, I didn't know if I wanted to laugh or cry. People try so hard. The clothes, the attitude... it was all so sad.

Was I once one of them? Should I be one of them now? Of course not, I have no game. I'd rather drive nine inch spikes under each of my finger nails than endure another three hours in a place like that.

It's 10:15 on a Friday night and I'm going to bed... alone. And you know what? Life is good.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you, dude! I don't miss the bar scene at all. It shouldn't be such a game to try to meet a quality person & that's not gonna happen in a bar!

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And WHY were you at this bar??

2:33 PM  
Blogger David said...

I met a friend there. He got sauced. With each drink it got more and more depressing.

I was supposed to go out tonight, too, but decided I'd rather stay at home and poke hot needles into my eyeballs.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stevie says , "I have to deal with those kind of monkey's all the time. If I didn't make a lot of money, there is no way in hell I would do it."

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home