Sunday, August 28, 2005

"The One"

Do you believe in 'the one'? No, not the Neo/Matrix bullshit. I'm talking romantically... like in, "I met her and I knew she was the one."

I bring this up because in the span of four days, I ran into three women I've dated in the past. Well, that's not entirely true. I meant to see two of them, the third one, I ran into.

Now, of the three of them... one, I wanted to marry, but unfortunately, she didn't feel the same. One, I think I probably could have married if I wasn't such a jackass. The third, I didn't/don't know well enough to form an opinion. But, my guess is, that it would've never worked out long-term. We just didn't communicate on a very good level. Though, a part of me would've liked to have seen how that one could have turned out.

Here's where I'm going with this. What if there really is only 'one' person for you? If so, I may have already met her and let her go. Wouldn't that be tragic? For once, the word 'tragic' is being used correctly.

So, I have to believe there's more than just one 'one.' If not, I'm pretty much screwed. If the three women I met up with this week are reading this, I'll let you decide if you think you were 'the one' for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home