Monday, October 24, 2005

Hanging Out with Reality TV Stars

My friend Kelsey invited me to a party thrown by her company, Screenlife. Screenlife makes the DVD board game Scene It. They also do TV Show games, an ESPN branded game, Disney Game and more.

Tonight at the party she introduced me to Jasmine, from American Idol. She was really cute and friendly. I told her I had family on Maui and she mentioned she had just performed in Wailuku. It was her first trip ever to Maui! How crazy is that? She's never been to Big Island.

Rob and Amber, from Survivor and Amazing Race were there, too. I didn't talk to them, but Amber was WAY better looking than she looked on TV.

My least favorite ESPN anchor of all-time, Kenny Mayne was there to introduce the sports game. What an idiot. Is he even on the air anymore? I think he single-handedly killed the "dry humor sports news" genre perfected by Craig Kilbourn and Dan Patrick. Keith Olberman took it one step too far, and Mayne completely stomped the life out it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a jet-setter Jasmine Trias is! She was the 'headliner' at the Wailuku Music Festival on Saturday - if it wouldn't have been raining hard (yes, RAIN! Our fall has arrived!), we probably would've have gone for a bit. There were other local bands performing...she is a true island girl, if she hasn't visited any of the other islands! But she is only 18.

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home