Saturday, January 28, 2006

A Damn Fine Burger Joint

Yesterday, I was so craving a nap, burger and beer. As it turned out, I was able to get the beer in Chinatown, alas, there was no burger or nap in sight.

To remedy the situation, I slept in until 11am, then went searching for a good burger. No, a great burger. Since moving to New York, my burgers have been average at best.

A friend recommended I try a place called the Burger Joint. Fantastic. From now on, anytime Allie recommends a restaurant, I'll be there.

The Burger Joint can be found in the Parker-Meridien Hotel on 57th between 6th and 7th. It's a swanky hotel, but the this place is about as non-pretentious as you can get. They offer hambuurgers, cheeseburgers, grilled cheese sanwiches, fries, soda, beer and brownies. End of menu. There's a sign that tells you how to order:

1. Do you want a hamburger or cheeseburger?
2. How do you want it cooked (rare, medium rare, medium, medium-well or well)?
3. What do you want on it (lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, ketchup, mustard, mayo)?
4. If you don't know your order when you get to the front, you'll be sent to the back of the line.

Holy Soup Nazi! Actually, the folks working there were really nice. Probably the nicest food staff employees I've come across in New York... which is about like saying, as far as bad boy bands go, the Backstreet Boys weren't that horrible. No, I jest. The folks there actually said "hi" and "thank you." I was so touched I nearly cried.

A great cheeseburger for $5.50. This might be the best deal in all of New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home