Monday, January 30, 2006

"The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini

It's 1:30 a.m., I should be sleeping. But, I've spent the last three hours finishing up "The Kite Runner", the best book I've ever read. Wow, that's quite a statement. I'll retract slightly.

"The Kite Runner" is the best book I can remember reading. It follows the life of a young boy growing up in Afghanistan until he reaches middle age. I cannot stress to you how moving and powerful this story is.

When it comes to reading, OK, let's face it, life, I'm pretty shallow. I like my books to be funny and to hit close to home. This book is neither funny, nor can I relate to it in any meaningful way. But, I absolutely loved it. I highly recommend it.

Note: the film has been optioned by Dreamworks. Director Marc Forster (Finding Neverland, Monster's Ball) is tied to the project. The film is in pre-production.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

neato. i needed a new book to take me away from my blah existence. will have to check it out. thx!

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will put that next on my reading list. I just finished 'The Secret Life of Bees' and 'My Sister's Keeper'. Both very much chick-lit, but you like that (:

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home