Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A Little Running, A Little Biking

I'm up to six miles on my runs now. My heartrate had been pretty high, up until today. I actually have a Lance Armstrong-type maximum heartrate. This true. My max hr is roughly 200 beats per minute (bpm), which is the same as Lance. However, his resting heartrate is about 35 bpm, while mine is a hefty 70.

So, back to my heartrate. Prior to today, I had been averaged about 171 bpm. Today I came in at 161 bpm. 160 is about where I should be for a run paced like today. So, I think I'm back in decent running shape. By no means am I "race ready," but I can run six miles now without being totally winded.

Because of my back, I'm not supposed to run two straight days. So, on my in-between days, I've been riding the stationery bike. Since I'm trying to focus on running, I haven't been killing myself on the bike. Today I rode 11 miles in 3o minutes. Eventually, I'd like to ride for an hour a day. But, I'm not going to push it too hard.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD FOR YOU!! Does the gym in your building have classes? Try a yoga class like viniyasa or hatha - real mellow & slow, soooo good for stretching (: Trying to get your bro to exercise, his little belly is getting bigger!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Ok, so after my "comcastic" day (read my blog), I have to at least brag about my blood pressure, which was taken today at the dentist's: 109/60!

3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home