Wednesday, February 22, 2006

"Brokeback" Revisited

When I ranked the Oscar contenders a couple of days ago, I put Brokeback in the four spot of four films. However, the movie is completely haunting me... for the same reason that I had originally knocked the film.

It's not the gay love thing, it's for the heartbreak. I didn't think the film moved me that much. But, it did.

After I see Crash this week, I'm going to have to re-order things.

SPOILER ALERT: Discontinue reading if you haven't seen the movie. You've been warned.

I keep picturing Heath Ledger's character going to the closet of Jake Gyllenhaal's parent's home and seeing the bloody shirts. It's just a painful moment. I can't clear it from my head.

UPDATE: Seems the shirts have been sold on ebay for a cool one hundred grand. I guess the shirts are haunting more than just me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

haunting yes haunting...

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home