Sunday, August 28, 2005

My Reunion

So, I ended up crashing my reunion. Big mistake. I was out to dinner with a friend, and my phone was being lit up. Basically, I was told to get my ass down to the Hyatt for the reunion.

I showed, immediately ran into the one of the few people I actually wanted to see. Then, I talked to most of the guys I went on the fishing trip with. Other than that, I saw a bunch of people I recognized but didn't really care to speak to.

Let's face it, if I haven't taken the time to track them down by now, do I really 'miss' them? I don't think so.

I left after about 20 minutes. I think this means I've officially crossed the line into asshole territory. I honestly didn't give a rip about these people. I talked to one distant stranger, we went over our jobs, where we're living, what we're up to, etc., and thought "oh my God, I can't have this same conversation again over and over again all night long." Because, again, I really don't care what these people have doing for the past 20 years. I would hope that they wouldn't care what I've been up to, either.

Maybe I missed the point of the reunion. Someone enlighten me! It was a bunch of old people standing around re-hashing the last 20 years of their lives. Spare me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that last bit - Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home