Sunday, October 02, 2005

Finding an Apartment

Hmmmm... not as easy as I thought.

I took a red eye in on Friday night. When I arrived, I immediately checked into the Days Inn on 94th and Broadway and went to bed. Got up at noon at headed down to meet my broker.

We looked at about 10 apartments. I'm going back this afternoon to check out the first two again. Outside of the first one we looked at, everything else was a studio. I need to see the first two again since I now know what to expect.

I'm also looking at two other apartments. I did find one, a high-rise on about 89th and Broadway that works. It's a large studio with brand new appliances. However, the thought of paying $2100 for a studio apartment makes my stomach turn. But, if that's the way it's got to be, then so be it.

I'm sitting just just oustide of Central Park right now. This city seems to have a lot of free hotspots... unfortunately my hotel doesn't have an internet connection of any kind.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking about you this morning & your home search...I can't believe $2100 for a studio! What's the average sqaure footage? How much are 1 bedrooms running? It sounds like those are pretty scarce, though. Would you have more to choose from in a different neighborhood? But you definitely don't want to be in a bad neighborhood! Keep us updated - are you headed back to Seattle tonight? Kaia sends her love (: I hope you can make it out before you start your job!!! You will not believe how smart our little girl is becoming!

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apartment hunting can be a hassle many times as I used resources on the web to help me locate the perfect apartment. I hope you the best in finding a great apartment.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home