Monday, September 26, 2005

A Night at the Rainbow Room

Thursday night after the Disney-thing, I met up with Josh and we went to Mexican food at a restaurant in Hollywood. It was really good.

Afterwards, we picked up my friend Jill and her friends Jay and Chris (I think that was his name) and we went to a dive bar called The Rainbow Room. Though, it wasn't that divey, as they charged a $5.00 cover. But, at the same time, they gave you a free drink coupon when you entered. So, it really only costs about $2.00 to get in. Yeah, OK, it is a dive.

The Rainbow is kind of a Hollywood/Sunset Blvd. institution. It's kind of famous for being a part of the rock scene that helped launch the careers of acts from The Doors to Guns 'n Roses.

Jill and I have been friends forever. She's one of funniest people I've ever met. She performs for an improv group in Seattle called TheatreSports. Once seated at the bar, Jill, Josh and I never moved. Jill proceeded to get me DRUNK. So drunk, I had to leave my car in Hollywood.

Josh and I got back to his apartment at 3am. Josh had a meeting at 8:00 (and I had to catch my flight back to Seattle) so we woke up at 6:30. That REALLY sucked. I was pretty much hungover all day long and into Saturday morning.

I ran three miles on Saturday and started to feel much better. But the night was so fun! It was definitely worth a two day hangover. I had learned this lesson many times previously, but the moral of the story is, never go drink for drink with a Cougar... those Wazzu folks will fuck you up!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! that was such a blast.. and thank you for finally giving the cougs their rightfully owned title.. cuz that's all we got. I can't wait until we rock the town in New York. I will get a plush hotel and we can party like rock stars and have a huge party and thrash the hotel..(ok no thrashing the hotel...I would rather steal fluffy bedding and nice things than harm them). Peace. -Jill

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home