Monday, October 24, 2005

New York Road Runners

Yesterday, I went for my first official run in New York. Just three miles, but it felt great. I ran along Riverside Park, heading north. Tomorrow morning, in the middle of the shit-ass weather, I'm going to head south... unless there's lightning.

Today, I joined the New York Road Runners. By joining it, if I run in nine qualifying races next year (after January 31), I'll be automatically entered into the 2007 New York Marathon.

I'm not sure if my back will even allow it, but I want to give it a shot.

If nothing else, by joining the NYRR, I'll meet other runners. I may also try to join a running club... if they'll have me. The way races are scored, only the top five finishers count towards the standings, so I can't really drag a team down. But, as someone wiser than me once said, "I would never join a club that would have me as a member." Still, I think it may be fun to run with a team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home