Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Interesting Start to Thanksgiving

No stove! On to plan B.

Well, it took about two hours, but I finished the Butternut Squash Lasagna. For any of you who had worked with Butternut Squash and didn't tell me that peeling and cleaning it sucked, shame on you!

I think it turned out OK. How could it not with 1/4 cup of butter, 3 cups of whole milk, 2 cups of mozarella and two pounds of squash. Probably not so good for my lactose intolerance!

Now here's a problem you don't often run into. My cousins, Steven and Donna live about eight blocks away. Not too far. However, they live on the other side of Broadway. I can't take the lasagna to their house to be cooked until after noon. Why? Because of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It runs down Broadway right in between our apartments.

When I wake up tomorrow, I'll brine the turkey. At eight pounds, it should only take about three hours to cook.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can, take a pic of a super big float or balloon for Kaia (:

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home