Thursday, June 09, 2005

These are a Few of My Favorite Things

Caveat, obviously family and friends come first. In fact, I could list my friends and family in order, but that would downright rude. So, I'm going to cut them out of the list. This then, is the list of my five favorite things, minus loved ones.

1. Maui-- OK, it probably helps that I have family there, but even if they weren't there, I still think it would be my favorite thing in the world. What's not to love? Perfect weather. Perfect beaches. Excellent food. Perfectly laid back. Did I say perfect weather? I just LOVE it.

2. Chocolate-- I don't know what I would do if the world ran out of chocolate. I'm pretty sure I'd lose weight, but I don't know if that would be because my head exploded or because of the calories saved.

3. Running-- This one is a controversial choice in my body. My head and heart love running. When I'm running, I just feel good. It's that simple. However, my legs and back hate running. But, as usual head and heart win out. I feel icky if I go more than three days without running.

4. Sports-- I'm going to lump this all into one giant category... the Sonics, Mariners, Huskies, Seahawks... I may rag on them, but in my heart of hearts, I love them all. Bob Blackburn, Pete Gross and Dave Niehaus were like friends to me while growing up. As the ESPN ad says, Without Sports, I'm Nothing.

5. Reading-- There are few things (OK, I just listed four others) better than reading a good book. The wonderful thing about reading is that there will always be one more great book to read.

Once I move to Maui, everything I love will be free (with the exception of chocolate.) That's a good thing, since I'll be making the same wage as that guy that lives in the trailer park who has an uncomfortable love for his Camaro.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home