Thursday, June 09, 2005

Turn that Frown Upside Down

Went to bed last night with an upset stomach. Woke up at 6:00 with an upset stomach. Took off on my run with an upset stomach. Finished my run with an upset stomach. Having an upset stomach is upsetting.

Was supposed to go eight miles today, but cut it back to 6. I felt 'blah' the entire run. My legs never really got loose and I thought I was going to hurl at any moment.

When I have mornings like this, running is not one of my favorite things.

But, here's the thing. The exact moment I finished the run, I thought to myself "hey, nice job dude... you felt like crap and still ran six miles in under an hour." Therefore, after an hour of pure Hell, I was able to end my run on a positive note. Are you jealous that my life is perfect?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home