Sunday, October 30, 2005

Now THAT Was a Weekend

Wow, Kelsey and I had a busy weekend. Where to begin? I'll start with the end.

Today, we went for about a 3.5 mile run in Central Park. It was great, but she runs at a quicker pace than me, so it was quite exhausting. After the run, we went to breakfast at a little bagel joint.

After we took showers, we headed down to the Museum of Modern Art. My friends Kat and Adam (and spouses) got me a membership as a going away present. As a member, I can bring guests for $5. We hung out at the museum for a couple of hours. They have some AMAZING works of art. I want to go again and spend a little more time. We pretty much breezed through it so we could see everything.

On both Friday and Saturday nights, we had fantastic dinners. Friday night we went to a place called Rosa Mexicano. Tricia Iboshi recommended the place for the guacamole. Josh had recommended the place last summer for the Pomegranate Margarita's. This was probably the best Mexican food I've ever eaten. P.S., the guac and margarita's were even better than advertised.

Last night, we went to Italian food at a place called La Vela, on the Upper West Side. It's a really cute little place with red checkered table cloths. The food is out of this world. I had a seafood linguine in a red sauce.

Saturday we went downtown to Soho. Kelsey was looking for purses, so we ended up being 'picked up' on the street by Chinese "importers" who took us through these crazy mazes until we ended up in tiny warehouses filled with counterfeit designer bags. Prada, Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Coach... all of the biggees were represented. The bags ran from $15 for a small bag to $75 for larger bags.

In Soho, we also shopped for my apartment. Kelsey bought me a garbage can and drinking glasses from a Chinese store called something like the Pearl Market. If Uwajimaya had a bargain basement, it would look like this store.

I'm completely spent. I can't wait to sleep in my bed. Being the gallant gentleman that I am, I let Kelsey sleep in the bed, while I slept on couch. I actually like my couch, so it wasn't a big deal. The real reason I let her take the bed was that the 'clean' sheets were on the bed.

I love New York.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can't wait to get our own faux designer bags!

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"clean sheets" - what EXACTLY does that mean?

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I lived in Europe and only had access to the laundry room every 9 days (!)... "Clean Sheets" meant taking them off and shaking them and then flipping them over :) Sorry to all who visited and didn't know the "clean" standard!

2:14 PM  
Blogger David said...

I'm a guy. Washing the sheets isn't always top of mind. But, for both Kelsey and Brent, I made sure the sheets had been washed and not previously used. I can't guarantee that type of service for everyone that visits!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home