Saturday, November 12, 2005

A Fun Friday Night

Last night I met Suzanne at a place called Gramercy Tavern. It has a low brow name, but it's decidedly swanky. Still, I looked at the menu and prices were very reasonable.

Suzanne was meeting with a literary agent. The guy was pretty funny, a born storyteller. However, I was glad when we had to leave.

From there, we went to see her boyfriend play at a bar called Joe's Pub. Again, Joe's Pub sounds like a dive, but it's also pretty swanky. Apparently, it's quite the musical institution. David Byrne is known to hang out there.

Here's another bit of trivia. Matt Damon has a loft next door to Joe's Pub. If you happen to be in NY, it's the place with the gold celophane-like stuff over the window at street level.

Following the show, we went to The New York Milkshake Company... for... wait for it... milkshakes. Actually, I had a vanilla egg cream, since it's a little easier on lactose intolerant body. Then we went to the Crooked Tree Cafe for crepes. I don't actually like crepes (or pancakes, for that matter) but, when in Rome.... I had a proscuitto and mozarella crepe. It was quite good, but would've been better on bread.

We finished eating at about 12:30. I've got to stop these 11:30 dinners...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home