Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The City That Never Sleeps

Apparently, by 'the city that never sleeps', they meant 'people never sleep in New York City.' With last night's cable debacle, and yet another hiccup in the hanging of curtains, I read for awhile then went to bed at 10:30. I was asleep by 11:00... and back up again at 5:30, for no apparent reason.

With nothing to do... no internet connection and no cable, I took a shower, examined the curtain situation again, and did the 30 minute walk to Home Depot. Once there, I proceeded to buy (another) drill, this one capable of going into cement, some anchors, a second set of cable hooks (not going to do all 12 ft. in one feel swoop, instead doing two six foot pieces), some rings to hang the curtains, a cement drill bit and some wire cutters.

Total cost of to hang the curtains? So far, including the curtains, I'm at about $500. This is insane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home